Planning & Development
Walton County and the municipalities of Between, Good Hope, Jersey, Loganville, Monroe, Social Circle, and Walnut Grove would like to announce the beginning of the 2021 joint comprehensive planning process. Meeting dates/times for the public meetings will be published on our county website.
A Public Hearing on the Comprehensive Plan Update is scheduled for May 12, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. at the Historic Walton County Courthouse, 111 S Broad Street, Monroe, GA 30655.
To guide and regulate the orderly growth, development, redevelopment and preservation of Walton County in accordance with a well-considered comprehensive plan and with long-term objectives, principles and standards deemed beneficial to the interest and welfare of the people.
**All addresses will be done by GIS1 at www.requestmyaddress.com
- Information Request Form (PDF)
- Single Family Dwelling Requirements (PDF)
- Personal Care Home Requirements
- Livestock Regulations (PDF)
- Residental Care Facility Requirements
- Bank Card Transaction Form
- 2021 Approved Fee_Schedule_7 6 2021
- Guest House Guidelines Oct 2021
- Specific Regulations for Residential Units adopted July 6 2021
- Standard Design and Construction Details Revised May 11 2022
Access documents and agendas from the Board of Appeals of Walton County.
Find helpful links and ordinances pertaining to the Planning and Development department.
Access forms and documents to help with Maintenance Bond requirements for Walton County.
View miscellaneous applications to assist with a range of planning and development projects.
Access documents and agendas from the Planning Commission of Walton County.
Browse subcontractor and building information to assist in building for commercial and residential projects in Walton County.
Review additional information about zoning processes and helpful documents.